Bharat Bhasin, 1977-2005

If you have any photographs of Bharat that you’d like to share, please send them to bharatbhasin(at)googlegroups.com, with few lines about where it was taken and how you knew him, and anything else you’d like to write, and we’ll post them onto this blog.

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Talented, Easy-going, Ambitious, Humble, Caring and Honest

"Bharat, was all that and more. We spent a lot of time together during our time In AIESEC India. I will never forget his easy manner and his hospitality on the several occasions I stayed at his home in Delhi. We traveled to Europe and the US together and spent many evenings chatting about his future aspirations & goals, many of which he had recently fulfilled and was well on his way to fulfill the rest.

On one such trip, I had just gone through a disappointing day and about to go to bed when I found a long letter from Bharat to me in the hotel room. His words lifted my spirit and changed my attitude. That was just his style - understated, caring and always a friend.

When Bharat was president of AIESEC in Delhi, he set high standards for himself and those around him. It was a fitting tribute that his team won the best performing local committee award with him at the helm. He then took on the mantle as National President and led with his characteristic pride and zest, which endeared him to all he knew.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family, to give them the strength to bear this cruel and tragic loss.

Rest in Peace - Big Man."

Vivek Bajaj, AIESEC Alumni

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home