Bharat Bhasin, 1977-2005

If you have any photographs of Bharat that you’d like to share, please send them to bharatbhasin(at)googlegroups.com, with few lines about where it was taken and how you knew him, and anything else you’d like to write, and we’ll post them onto this blog.

Thursday, July 28, 2005

In memory of Bharat

"I first heard of Bharat through a few DU AIESEC'ers where he was spoken about as an inspiration. I also heard from a few aiesec'ers from Bangalore how Bharat's MC was one of the most charismatic ever, thanks to Bharat's leadership. I first met Bharat at natcong 2000 which he chaired in Mahabaleshwar and I immediately realised why he was talked about with a sense of respect bordering on awe.

Bharat exuded a confidence which is rare in most people but he also instantly put you at ease if one were to approach him for a few words. As a rookie aiesec'er meeting Bharat only reinforced my belief that AIESEC was an organisation I wanted to be a part of and his manner, words & passion left me with an increased sense of pride that I was part of something that had the likes of Bharat Bhasin in it. I, like many others was inspired in ways both small & big by Bharat and will always remember him as a person who will be larger than life. We'll miss you Bharat. But your memories will always bring back a smile."

Regards,
Abhijeet Mehta

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home