Bharat Bhasin, 1977-2005

If you have any photographs of Bharat that you’d like to share, please send them to bharatbhasin(at)googlegroups.com, with few lines about where it was taken and how you knew him, and anything else you’d like to write, and we’ll post them onto this blog.

Friday, July 29, 2005

Bharat, I salute you man!

"Its unfair when young people don’t live long enough to accomplish what they want to. I didn’t know Bharat for too long. First and last time I met him was when he chaired a local DU conference. Over those two days, I remember him always being in control. I remember him playing a dialogue from “Any Given Sunday” where Pacino talks about “winning inch by inch”. I remember him for his supreme confidence.

I don’t know, in some ways, it’s a reality check of how much time there really is. I came across this speech by Steve Jobs sometime back. I know most here would’ve re-read it a few times by now, but it’s the first thing that I thought about after the weird numbness of hearing a young person passing away….. “Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything – all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.”

Few people in this world leave behind a legacy for the people they met. Even fewer when they die young. Bharat, I salute you man!"

Aditya Khanna
AIESEC alumnus

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home