Bharat Bhasin, 1977-2005

If you have any photographs of Bharat that you’d like to share, please send them to bharatbhasin(at)googlegroups.com, with few lines about where it was taken and how you knew him, and anything else you’d like to write, and we’ll post them onto this blog.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

...he stands at the very top of the list

"Bharat and I joined AIESEC together as new recruits in August 1995. A month later we were in Ooty for NLDS. What immediately struck me was how his heart was bigger than him and his gummy, infectious smile. Within that one week I knew I had found a friend for a lifetime. He became my closest friend and we had so many wonderful expereinces together - becoming AIESECers in Ooty, Our first international conference in Sri Lanka, being a part of his EB, Celebrating in Goa and more recently Partying in Mumbai. We found love together, lost it together and then found it again together...

I am glad I managed to attend his wedding recently since thats the last time I saw him. We danced at his Sangeet and in his Baraat. He was to come back from his honeymoon and join LBS for his Master's in Finance. He was to start a fresh new stage in life full of dreams and ambitions. And then he was'nt there anymore. It was the worst news I had heard in my life. I still can't get over it because I still dont know what REALLY happened.

Most people knew him as the larger than life figure, a role model, a great guy with a big heart and a big smile. But I also knew the man behind all that and consider myself truly blessed to have had that opportunity.

But I know this much that in his 27 years on this planet, he touched our lives and inspired everyone who met him. He lived for loyalty, righteousness and for standing up and being counted... and he stands at the very top of the list".

Nikhil Madhok (Maddy)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dear friend

You were one of the great man that I had a chance to meet in AIESEC. I always remember the conversations we had about AIESEC and the state of developing economies.

It will always keep those great memories we had and never leave you. HAve a good rest my friend our souls will meet in the future.

always your friend muratcan

10:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi everybody, does anyone have a current email address from Muratcan? We met on the International Congress 1998 in Slovakia.... Would be great to chat with him again.. Thanks for you help.. Sandra

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home