Bharat Bhasin, 1977-2005

If you have any photographs of Bharat that you’d like to share, please send them to bharatbhasin(at)googlegroups.com, with few lines about where it was taken and how you knew him, and anything else you’d like to write, and we’ll post them onto this blog.

Monday, August 08, 2005

Epitome of dynamism

"Bharat was LCP DU when I joined AIESEC in 1997. I was there when he was elected MC India President at Kodaikanal the same year. I met Bharat at each of the six National Conferences I attended between 97 and 99.

Bharat was easily one of the most charismatic people around. He had the ability to connect with people at an individual level. I remember, everytime he used to see me, he would start rattling off stuff in Punjabi. And everytime a punjabi number was on at the parties, he would pull me in to do bhangra, to the point that if I resisted any further, I ran a serious risk of losing my arm. Big and strong indeed he was in ways more than one.

He was definitely ambitious.We all know what he acheived at such a young age. He seemed like a man posesseed and in a hurry. And now he has left in a hurry, leaving behind a huge void. This was no time to sign off. Like all I am also trying to make sense of what has happened here. If this is a nightmare, I wan't to wake up to see him around. If only we could turn back the hands of time.

His candle burn't out long before his legend ever will. May his soul rest in peace. I pray for him. I pray for his family. Words can't describe the extremity of their loss. May God give them all the strength.

Adeus Amigo Bharat"

KULJEET KOHLI, AIESEC Alumnus

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home