Bharat Bhasin, 1977-2005

If you have any photographs of Bharat that you’d like to share, please send them to bharatbhasin(at)googlegroups.com, with few lines about where it was taken and how you knew him, and anything else you’d like to write, and we’ll post them onto this blog.

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Friend,Mentor & all that

"As I write this I struggle to compose myself, but decide a few words are a must. Bharat was one of the two people who was my strongest influence in AIESEC. I met Bharat when I was on the Bombay LC and life changed, we started of as two people who argued about a lot of things and ended up as good friends. From the time I stayed in his house in Delhi and he took me to eat some great food to the time he came home to have lunch at my house in Hyderabad. I can still remember the look on my mom's face when Bharat consumed an entire tandoori Chicken in the span of an hour.

Whisky & Food were key drivers in my releationship with Bharat, along with bharats weird love for flop hinidi movies and making me sit in the front row with him and jeering away with the crowds. ( Of course bharat always paid). I remember when he came to my sisters wedding in Hyderabad how happy I was that he took the time out to come and say hello. Since then I maintained contact with him often, used to bump into him and bhavna at movies in bombay and sometimes we all would meet for dinner and drinks. Bhavna was from my batch in Sydenham and from what little I knew about her, I was sure that Bharat had found someone perfect for himself.

Lately my meetings with Bharat happened outside the HDFC building for a smoke and a lassi, I had met him sometime before leaving India and we both as usual were pulling each others leg and remembering old times.

For me Friday and the weekend were devastating personally. My heart goes to you Bharat's parents & Bhavna. For me I have not lost a friend he will always live on for me, and may he find peace and happiness whereever he is."

Amit Sood, AIESEC Alumnus

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is really sad news. i dont know what to say, except i hope he finds his happiness in his world.

what happened?

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home